"TWIST IT YOUR WAY"

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

BEHIND THE SCENE OF ALEXANDER WANG S/S 2011



In the past four years Alexander Wang’s name has become nearly synonymous with a very specific look; think high heel combat boots, a short black dress and a cigarette dangling precariously from a girl’s fingertips as she hums along to a Nirvana song and you’ll be on the right track. For the generation that missed grunge the first time around, Wang brought it back sleeker than before and became a sensation in the process.


"Did you notice anything?" asked Alexander Wang at a preview earlier this week. He paused a beat. "There's no black!" That's right, New York's prince of downtown darkness is turning toward the light. "I was looking for something optimistic," he said, "something pure."

HAPPY TUESDAY XX

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

This is the first time I've seen Ms. Deyn with her nose pierced! It looks pretty good esp. with AW clothes!

Over at my blog I'm currently posting street style images from Bestival... pop over if you fancy a gander!

Charlotte xx

The Style Rail
Follow me on Twitter

Style of a Fashionista said...

Fabulous back stage pictures I love him. The first thing I did notice was the lack of black. Loving the shoes xoxo

Anonymous said...

This is very fine web site, thank you and look at that [url=http;//ciufcia.pl]gry dla dzieci[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you