"TWIST IT YOUR WAY"

Saturday, October 8, 2011

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN BY SARAH BURTON // SS2012
















If the day began with Prospero's aquatic sorcery at Chanel, it ended with a different kind of underwater magic at Alexander McQueen. Lagerfeld's models were nymphs; Sarah Burton's were goddesses. She based her collection on the three Gs: Grès for the pleating and draping, Gaudí for the architecture, and Gaia for the sense of all-encompassing oceanic life that infused the clothes, like the outfits composed of coral or shells. Or the incredible engineered matelassé jacquard in a barnacle pattern. Or the silk chiffon in an oyster print, which had been layered, cut into circles, and ribbed (though that hardly even begins to explain the complexity of the result). And if you carried the analogy still further, the black leather appliqué that infected a lace dress could be an oil slick; the Fortuny-pleated organza woven with copper, silver, and gold was like a pirate's buried treasure.



Have a great weekend - SAMISONI XX


4 comments:

Andrea said...

gorgeous collection!

patrickwilde-welde said...

nice work !

Anonymous said...

Just wish to declare your piece is unpredicted. The readability in your document is just first-rate furthermore i can presume you are an authority on this business. Thank you a million with please carry on the rewarding production.

Before I go, permit me thank you for your tolerance with my English as (I am convinced you have figured this at this time ,), English is not my mother tongue thus I am utilizing Google Translate to form out what to record what I genuinely mean to say.

Anonymous said...

Appealing publish. You have an motivating assessment on this material along with I will be signing in to your rss feed and wish you will publish yet again soon on analogous subjects. But I am interested on what your expose sources for the post are? All my gratitude

Before I go, let me thank you for your tolerance with my English as (I'm confident you have become aware this at this time ,), English is not my main language as a result I am using Google Translate to build out how to jot down what I sincerely intend to tell.